
Asian Scallion Hummus
By Alaine Chang
Makes ie. 6 Cups
I love hummus….all kinds! It is full of protein and makes a great lunch or snack. So…I’ve been working on creating as many different kinds of hummus recipes as I can. For the past few weeks I’ve been making batch after batch of my newest creation…Asian Scallion Hummus. It makes up so fast and is so yummy that I’ve even been dipping fresh spinach leaves into it as a dip every time I pass the fridge. I will warn you though…this is a scallion lover’s dip…and if you love scallions…this dip is addictive! Let me know if you try it and what you think of it. In the picture above I toasted a crusty Tuscan Bread, topped it with baby spinach and tomato slices and heaped on the scallion hummus, then garnished it with some minced scallions. Steamed carrots, broccoli and sugar pea pods were the perfect side. Coffee au Vanilla Almond Rice Lait was all the dessert I needed. A Simply Scrumptious Lunch!
Ingredients:
4-15.5 oz. Cans White Cannellini Beans, Rinsed Well and Drained
¼ Cup Tahini
2 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
1tsp. Fresh Ginger, Peeled & Grated
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
¼ Cup Fresh Tangerine Juice
2 Tbsp. Vegan Teriyaki Sauce
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 ¼ Cup Scallions (aka Green Onions), Chopped…Plus Extra for garnish if desired
Instructions:
Put all ingredients in a food processor & pulse till all is smooth, creamy & well blended.
Chill & serve with vegetable dippers or use as a sandwich spread or in a pita with fresh greens and tomato.
Time Saving Tips:
You can also just toss all the ingredients in a deep bowl and use an immersion blender till the desired creaminess is achieved.
If you’d like to make less just cut the recipe in half. As 4 Tablespoons equals ¼ cup, just use 2 Tbsp. where the recipe calls for ¼ Cup.
Coarsely chopping the green onion before processing it will assure that you won’t get an uneven consistency or any long stringy pieces.
Re: the fresh ginger: I always have this on hand. I just put the fresh ginger in a Ziploc freezer bag & and keep it in the freezer. The thin skin comes off easily, even frozen, with a peeler. I just peel what I need to grate and return the rest of the root to the freezer.
Lastly: Anytime I have extra fresh citrus juice leftover from this or any other recipe, I put it in a small container in the freezer. I thaw the mixed citrus juices and use them to marinate tofu, tempeh or seitan…before BBQ-ing them.
You May post this original recipe elsewhere if you credit me, Alaine Chang, The Vegan Whole Foodie and provide a link to this site
No comments:
Post a Comment